Pages

My Monkeys




If you would have told me years ago that I would be a mom of three beautiful girl's I would have said "no way". I mean, all I wanted in the world was to have one daughter and God saw it fit to give me three. I am blessed! I have often been asked if I would consider trying for a boy, and the answer is and has always been no. Not to say that having only girls is without challenges. You can be certain that there have and will be many to come. Every so often people cringe when I mention the fact I have three girls, commenting on the teen years and wishing me luck. I am up for the challenge (I think). I see different pieces of me in all of them, despite the fact only one resembles me in looks. My oldest is almost 11 and very much a tween. Wow kids grow up fast these days. She is a sweet girl, helpful and loving. I am seeing glimpses of the teen years and I feel bad for her that she is and always will be the guinea pig as I test out my parenting skills. She is my shopping buddy and loves the mall as much as I do. Her sisters on the other hand care less if they ever see the inside of a store. It is our bond and I love it. My middle girl is almost nine and pretty much the polar opposite of her older sister. She is confident, spiritual, athletic, and liked by all her peers. She commented a few weeks ago that the boys like her, "everyone likes me", as if this is a curse. This quick photoshoot was actually prompted by her after looking at all the photos I take of the youngest (who happens to be home with me during the day while the other two are at school). My third is so not a baby. She has been showcased here alot so as you notice there isn't a photo of her alone today. She actually had no desire to "model" today. I love these girls with all my heart. They continually teach me patience, and unconditional love, and make me want to strive to be better mom. I can't imagine my life any different!

0 comments: